Whilst I was still pregnant, the lovely people at Chicco got in touch to ask if we would like to review one of their Next2me Dream Cribs. A side-sleeping crib was something I had been eyeing up for months and it was an item that was already on my Newborn Wishlist so I jumped at the chance. We have been using the Chicco Next2me Dream Crib for 6 weeks now and so I wanted to share with you our thoughts on it.
What is the Next2me Dream Crib?
The Chicco Next2me Dream Crib is the new side-sleeping crib by Chicco. It’s designed to allow you to be able to sleep next to your baby without sharing the same bed. It can be used as a side-sleeping crib, as a stand-alone crib or as travel crib thanks to the travel bag included. We are currently using it as a side-sleeping crib and I love being able to be close to Maeve, but without her being in our bed.
When we received our crib I was impressed with how easy it was to put together. The assembly instructions were simple and easy to follow and it didn’t take long to assemble at all. My husband was able to do it in half an hour, WITH the help of our two year old!
Once built, my first thought was how big the crib is. It’s huge! There is plenty of growing room and it will definitely last Maeve until she moves into her cot, not that I am thinking that far ahead yet.
The crib isn’t the most aesthetically pleasing thing in the world but once it was in position I was really pleased with how it looked in our room. With a few little touches it helped create the perfect corner for our baby girl.
Features and Benefits
- Allows baby to sleep in your room for the first six months
- 1-hand opening panel to easily change from side-sleeping to stand-alone configuration
- Maximum adjustability – It can be adjusted up to 11 different heights and it can also be used inclined to help with baby’s congestion and reflux
- Double mode: fixed or rocking to soothe baby back to sleep
- Mattress included. Removable and washable lining
- The Chicco Next2me Dream mattress is 50% bigger than a moses basket
- Fits most types of beds easily, even divans as the bedside feet fold to allow the crib to move up close to the frame and mattress
- Easy to manoeuvre using the 4 wheels fitted with brakes
- Crib attaches to Parents’ bed using a strap
- Rounded and cocooning shape
- Soft padded sides for extra comfort
- Double mesh window for better breathability
- Easy transport in the storage bag included
- Simple to assemble and use
- Easy to attach or remove from parents’ bed using the 2 fastening straps provided
- Assembled Dimensions: W93xD69xH66/81cm
- Weight: 10.5kg
- Free 2 year guarantee
What I think
The Next2me crib has been invaluable during these early days. At 6 weeks Maeve is a pretty good sleeper and only wakes once during the night. I genuinely think this is due to the Next2me crib. I think Maeve is comforted by the fact that she is so close to us during the night. I normally breast feed Maeve before I put her down for the night and the transition from my arms to the crib is so easy thanks to the drop down side panel.
I am so pleased that we are able to experience the benefits of co sleeping without any fear for Maeve’s safety. Breast feeding is made so much easier as Maeve is close enough to me that she only has to stir a little for me to wake and know that she needs feeding. As Maeve is right there next to me I am able to get her out quickly for a feed before she even cries. This has been wonderful as it mean’s that Maeve doesn’t disturb her sister or daddy during the night. After Maeve has finished feeding I am able to lay her back in the crib without even having to leave my bed.
The height is easily adjustable ensuring the crib is the perfect height for whatever type of bed you have. You are also able set one side higher the other, as we have done, so that the mattress is at a slight incline. Maeve is often sick after feeding and we find this helps.
The crib is easily transportable from room to room and the handy storage bag means you can take it away with you on longer trips. We are going on a few UK mini breaks this summer and already plan to take the Next2me Crib with us.
Would I recommend?
Yes I would definitely recommend the Chicco Next2me Dream Crib. It has made those long newborn nights so much more bearable. It is one of the best baby products we have used and it is definitely worth the money. It is a product that makes life so much easier, and you’ll wonder why you ever struggled on without one.
The Chicco Next2me Dream Crib retails for £219.00 and you can find out more about it here.
Have you tried a co-sleeping crib? What type of cot or crib did you use with your little one?
*We were sent the Chicco Next2me Dream Crib free of charge in return for a review. All opinions are my own and 100% honest.