Christmas is Coming!
I thought I would put together a list of our family Christmas traditions. This list is made up of things that we do already or that we would like to do this year.
1. Festive Lush Haul – I am rather partial to a Lush Haul at this time of year, for gifts for others as well as for myself! I look looking at the Christmas themed treats that they have on offer and of course I have to stock up on my favourite sent of all, Rose Jam, in shower gel form.
2. Advent Basket – I have put together a little Advent basket for Rosalie for the past few years. I like to give it to her on 1st of December as she then gets to enjoy the treats for the whole of the advent period. It always includes a Christmas jumper, a pair of Christmas pyjama’s, some Christmas chocolates as well as some Christmas activities. You can take a look at what I put in Rosalie’s Advent basket this year here.
3. Christmas Pyjama’s – Every year I buy the whole family a pair of festive pyjamas. This year the whole family has a matching set, even the dog! We opted for the Alder Hey Childrens Charity Striped Pyjamas from Matalan.
4. Visit Father Christmas – Rosalie has already been to visit Father Christmas with her Nanny Tracy but Nick and I are going to take Rosalie next Saturday where we will also be boarding the Thomas Train.
5. Christmas Plate – At this time of year I like to get out Rosalie’s Christmas plate, this year I have also bought her a Christmas bowl.
6. Go to pick a REAL Tree – For the first time ever we are going to have a real tree this year so I want to make a big thing of going to pick it out. We plan to pick it
7. Make Christmas Cards – Rosalie and I plan to make some homemade Christmas cards for all our friends and family.
8. Make Mince Pies – Rosalie loves to bake and so we will definitely be making some mince pies together this year.
9. Making Paper decorations – I used to make paper snowflakes every year as a child and I hope to do the same with Rosalie this year. I am also considering making some hanging paper chains too. If I can be bothered to cut up all the paper that is!
10. Make some edible gifts – Rosalie and I plan to make some edible gifts to give to our family. We normally make a different thing every year. This year we have decided on iced biscuits.
You can take a look at our Christmas tradition video over on my youtube channel.
I hope you enjoyed having a look at our Christmas traditions. What will you be doing this year to get you into the Christmas spirit? Is there anything I should add to my list?
Lauren | Belle du Brighton7th December 2016 at 12:45 PM
Love this list, we are getting a real tree this year too and I can’t wait to go and pick it!
Sarah7th December 2016 at 12:59 PM
Thanks lovely. It’s so much fun! You’ll have a great time xx
Rebecca | AAUBlog7th December 2016 at 1:12 PM
I love making Christmas food like mince pies every year. I like the Christmas eve plate idea x
Sarah7th December 2016 at 2:11 PM
Really helps to get you into the Christmas spirit doesn’t it? xx
Steph (@steph_baybee)7th December 2016 at 8:52 PM
Ah lovely Christmas traditions, it is nice to have traditions that can be passed down
Sarah8th December 2016 at 9:24 AM
I am so excited to do it all this year now Rosalie understands abit more what Christmas is about xx
Truly Madly Kids (@TrulyMadly7)8th December 2016 at 12:45 PM
So lovely to have all those great traditions – we are attempting mince pies this year … wish us luck!!
Sarah12th December 2016 at 11:57 AM
Good luck! We love the star topped nigella ones xx
Cass@FrugalFamily9th December 2016 at 9:47 AM
SOunds like you’re going to have a lovely family Christmas x x
Sarah12th December 2016 at 12:00 PM
I’m so excited to enjoy all the wonderful activities with Rosalie in the run up to Christmas xxx
Kerry Norris9th December 2016 at 10:43 PM
What a lovely list. The advent basket sounds like a fab idea. I’ve been making edible gifts this year too x
Sarah12th December 2016 at 12:03 PM
Aww cool. I have all mine to make this week. I’m looking forward to it, I’ve picked nice and easy makes so Rosalie can do it with me xx
TheLondonMum10th December 2016 at 6:56 PM
I’m still debating whether my little one can make paper chains this year or if it’ll end up killing my odd a bit lol x
Sarah12th December 2016 at 12:05 PM
ha ha! I think we will give it a go and see how we get on! xx