Christmas is Coming!
I thought I would put together a list of our family Christmas traditions. This list is made up of things that we do already or that we would like to do this year.
1. Festive Lush Haul – I am rather partial to a Lush Haul at this time of year, for gifts for others as well as for myself! I look looking at the Christmas themed treats that they have on offer and of course I have to stock up on my favourite sent of all, Rose Jam, in shower gel form.
2. Advent Basket – I have put together a little Advent basket for Rosalie for the past few years. I like to give it to her on 1st of December as she then gets to enjoy the treats for the whole of the advent period. It always includes a Christmas jumper, a pair of Christmas pyjama’s, some Christmas chocolates as well as some Christmas activities. You can take a look at what I put in Rosalie’s Advent basket this year here.
3. Christmas Pyjama’s – Every year I buy the whole family a pair of festive pyjamas. This year the whole family has a matching set, even the dog! We opted for the Alder Hey Childrens Charity Striped Pyjamas from Matalan.
4. Visit Father Christmas – Rosalie has already been to visit Father Christmas with her Nanny Tracy but Nick and I are going to take Rosalie next Saturday where we will also be boarding the Thomas Train.
5. Christmas Plate – At this time of year I like to get out Rosalie’s Christmas plate, this year I have also bought her a Christmas bowl.
6. Go to pick a REAL Tree – For the first time ever we are going to have a real tree this year so I want to make a big thing of going to pick it out. We plan to pick it
7. Make Christmas Cards – Rosalie and I plan to make some homemade Christmas cards for all our friends and family.
8. Make Mince Pies – Rosalie loves to bake and so we will definitely be making some mince pies together this year.
9. Making Paper decorations – I used to make paper snowflakes every year as a child and I hope to do the same with Rosalie this year. I am also considering making some hanging paper chains too. If I can be bothered to cut up all the paper that is!
10. Make some edible gifts – Rosalie and I plan to make some edible gifts to give to our family. We normally make a different thing every year. This year we have decided on iced biscuits.
You can take a look at our Christmas tradition video over on my youtube channel.
I hope you enjoyed having a look at our Christmas traditions. What will you be doing this year to get you into the Christmas spirit? Is there anything I should add to my list?