This recipe was greatly requested after I posted a picture of it over on my Instagram.
I can see why, it really is dreamy! A beautiful, creamy sauce made with only a spoonful of cream cheese. It is divine and won’t do too much damage to your waistline.
What’s not to love?
I can make this in under 10 minutes and I usually just throw in any veg I have lying around into the pasta sauce as well. I do a variant of this creamy pasta sauce most weeks, usually on a friday, using up whatever left overs I have in the fridge. Although after tasting this salmon version, I’m not sure I’ll ever be able to go back to just bacon.
I found it really hard to write down the exact amounts of ingredients as if I’m honest I normally just throw in a spoonful of this and that. Don’t be too precious, if you don’t have quite enough of something, no bother, it will still work! It’s also a dinner that I make for just Rosalie and I, so I am normally serving it to 1 and a half. The first time I made this for us I cooked two salmon fillets, one each. The second time we had one salmon fillet between us and I think it was better the second time round. If Nick was eating with us I would use two. If you are serving this dish to more than 2 people I would just add a little more of the cream cheese and some extra salmon. You’ll be surprised at how far this goes.
I N G R E D I E N T S
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
Half a small onion, finely chopped
50g of Cream Cheese
A large handful of spinach
50g of Cheese. Parmesan, or if you are like me and always have cheddar in the fridge use that.
Salt and Pepper
1 Salmon fillet
I N S T R U C T I O N S
- Preheat your oven to 200C, Lay your salmon fillet on a baking sheet.
- Bring a large pan of water to boil, add your spaghetti and set a timer for 10 minutes.
- Put your salmon fillet in the oven.
- After 5 minutes, melt the coconut oil in a deep pan over a medium heat.
- Add the onions and fry for 2 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the cream cheese and a 1/2 a cup of pasta water from your spaghetti pan and stir to create a sauce.
- Add the cheese and salt and pepper and stir until the cheese has melted.
- Add the spinach and allow it to wilt.
- Once you timer has gone off, drain your spaghetti, reserving some of the pasta water.
- Add the spaghetti to your sauce pan, and stir until the pasta is fully coated.
- Remove the salmon fillet from the oven and flake the salmon into the sauce pan.
- If the sauce seems too runny cook it for a little longer, if it is a little thick add a touch of the pasta water until the sauce is nice and loose. You want it to coat everything but not be pooled at the bottom of the pan.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately, with a little cheese sprinkled on top if you so desire.
If you make this recipe I’d love to know what you think of it in the comments below. Do you love it as much as me? Are you amazed at how quick and easy it is to make?