I wanted to make some easy Halloween inspired bakes that Rosalie could help with. I settled on these pumpkin Krispie cakes. Not only are they super easy so Rosie can get fully involved but the taste good too. We made something similar for Rosalie’s birthday party in August and they tasted so yummy I kept eating them!
The recipe to make these simple, tasty treats is below.
• 50g butter
• ½ tsp vanilla extract
• red & yellow food colouring or orange gel colouring
• 180g mini marshmallows
• 150g Rice Krispies
• Green laces for stalks
• Melted chocolate for decoration
1. In a large saucepan, melt and slightly brown butter on medium heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until they are completely melted. Add the vanilla essence and food colouring until desired orange colour is reached. Add Rice Krispies and stir until completely combined. Turn off heat and let sit for a few minutes, until cool enough to handle.
2. When mixture has cooled enough, spray your hands with cooking spray and mold cereal mix into balls. Trim you laces into 2cm pieces and insert a stalk into the top of each pumpkin.
3. Add the chocolate to a heat proof bowl and melt the chocolate over a pan of water on a medium heat. Once the chocolate has melted pour into a piping bag and pipe on your pumpkin face.
4. Allow the pumpkins to set in the fridge for an hour before serving.
I also filmed a recipe video for this bake which you will find over on my Youtube channel.
Happy Halloween baking!